Monday, October 13, 2008

just got unlucky?

i just had a minor accident this morning on my way to work. poor me. the road from our house to the next street corner (approx 100m) is a rough road. and i don't know when will it ever improve. it really looks like a disaster especially on rainy days. when i was about to enter the highway the motorcycle i rode with slipped through the edge of the asphalt road. urgh! so the motorcycle fell down, including poor me, of course. but, the impact wasn't that hard so i was able to immediately get up and get back on the road. some friends who also was on the road stopped by to check if i was alright. of course, physically, i was alright. thank Highness, i only got scratches in my left knee and palm. but, boy, it really is painful, how small it may seem to be. but the most affected part was my ego. it's so embarrassing. eventhough it wasn't a busy and crowded place, some people around (most of them i know) and some passersby came to look at me. it's just that i've been driving in that area for several years now and nothing like this ever happened to me before.

but i guess, if i take it as it is and admit my clumsiness, it wouldn't be that too embarassing anymore. just this morning also i read a quote at the back of a tricycle saying "your presence of mind today is your safety tomorrow". and now, i know why. now i'm going to be less clumsy and more careful in my driving especially on a motorcycle. i'm just glad and thankful that i didn't get big damages and my daughter wasn't riding with. and the worst case scenario would have been -- a big truck coming afterward, at a high speed, and wouldn't expect me to be down there (since i was on a blind curve) and then hit me down. huhuhuhhuh... no, no, no, no! thank God, so much, "that" didn't happen.

i think this incident was a test for me. i was planning to go to PPA to submit a job application. and there are really instances wherein some things must happen to test our worthiness for something good from God. so we must make ourselves worthy of His blessings. i just pray that i have proven myself worthy to Him since i already have successfully submitted my portfolio as planned.

i guess, the lesson for this is that there are still a lot in life that we have to be thankful for. and life is a precious gift from God so we must value it and take care of it. we definitely have one life and we do not know when it's going to be taken away from us. many are relying on us --not just our hardwork but most definitely also our safety and well-being. we must always journey through life with God because only He has the power to save us and keep ous away from evil.

so was i unlucky?

NO.

i was blessed.

No comments: